Ottawa, ON (CN), May 2021 - dominKnow is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Claro, its award-winning web-based rapid authoring tool. In 2011, Claro was an industry-leading innovation. When many authoring tools were promising "mobile support", dominKnow truly delivered it with Claro. As one of the first all-HTML5 authoring tools - dropping Flash - Claro content worked across iOS and Android devices, and even on Blackberry and Palm OS, with no surprises.
Releasing Claro in 2011 is only one of dominKnow's many industry-leading innovations in their almost 25 years in eLearning. Starting with the launch of one of the industry's first learning content management systems (LCMS) in 2002, up to the present, dominKnow has a history of innovation:
- In 2012, they added xAPI support to Claro, adopting the standard while it was still in development and known as Tin Can API.
- In 2014, they released the dominKnow mobile app to support offline courses and integration with third-party LMSs.
- In 2016, they released Flow, one of the industry's most robust authoring options for creating modern responsive design content.
- In 2018, they brought Claro and Flow together in dominKnow | ONE and added Capture, their feature for software simulations. dominKnow | ONE is one of the most powerful web-based eLearning authoring platforms ever - but they might be a bit biased!
- In 2018, they also launched Instructional Designers in Offices Drinking Coffee, affectionately known as IDIODC. The live weekly video session promotes innovation and excellence in learning and development, even among non-dominKnow users. IDIODC's live sessions and video and audio podcasts have been viewed tens of thousands of times.
- In 2019 they launched Convey, their dynamic content delivery option, so authors can rapidly publish and update content without loading packages into their LMS.
"I've had the good fortune of being a part of dominKnow since the doors were first opened, but these last ten years have been transformational," said Luke Hickey, dominKnow's CEO. "When I look back at what the team has accomplished, the amazing and diverse customers we've had the good fortune to work with, as well as a terrific network of partners, I can't help but be ecstatic about not only the product and the team's accomplishments, but especially about what the customers have been able to accomplish for their organizations with dominKnow. Thank you! However, as great as it feels to reflect, I'm even more excited about what's next!"
dominKnow's commitment to keeping up with the times means there will be a streak of enhancements coming for the customers. Providing a progressively seamless authoring experience is the goal, and throughout this year, they'll be releasing features that
- streamline tasks for small and large teams alike
- offer even more options for creating engaging eLearning content
- eliminate unnecessary manual steps to help streamline the efficiency of their client authoring teams and their content development
DominKnow will also continue their focus on big data and xAPI, empowering content creators to have greater insight into the impact of their learning.
The dynamic delivery option, Convey, will see enhancement in content management, two-way data streams, learner usage reports, and availability for smaller teams.
These are just a few of the exciting things they have planned, even as they celebrate the tenth anniversary of Claro. dominKnow has a proven history of innovation, and they continue to build on that for the future.