Brussels (BE), June 2012 - EFQUEL is creating a pool of experts to act as reviewers for its quality certifications. Members of this pool of experts are periodically invited to join reviews of institutions or programmes. These will typically involve a review of documentation from the institution and a site visit.
As the leading global organisation for quality in eLearning, EFQUEL currently operates two review schemes:
- The UNIQUe Certification for Institutional Excellence in Technology-Enhanced Learning (more information)
- The ECBCheck Certification for eLearning Programmes (more information)
Experienced reviewers may also be asked to participate in consultancy and training events, depending on demand. Members of the pool will receive training in the quality certifications and be remunerated on a per-review basis.
The pool will initially be formed of twelve experts and be expanded as necessary in accordance with demand and applications received. Reviewers are expected to manifest one or more of the following traits:
- experience with institutional eLearning or TEL provision from a leadership perspective
- academic expertise in eLearning design and management
- technical expertise in quality-assurance procedures, quality review, or quality culture
- strong commitment to peer learning and community building around the topic of eLearning.
EFQUEL will accept applications at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 July, with successful candidates being informed of their membership by 01 August. Wherever possible, preference will be given to applications from EFQUEL members or members of the network of quality professionals.