Ilkley (UK), October 2022 - With World Mental Health Day, 10 October, there is a huge focus on mental health. Therefore, at Virtual College, they wanted to play their part and provide supportive resources for businesses that want to support their employees' mental health.
We all know that Covid and the pandemic have had a major impact on mental health, and though we're coming out of the pandemic now and adjusting to the new ways of living and working, businesses must make sure it doesn't slip down their priority list.
Here are some statistics that highlight where our employees' mental health and wellbeing are at the moment:
- Recent research by Mind showed that a third of adults and young people say their mental health has got much worse since March 2020.
- The HSE reported in 2021/22 that 822,000 workers suffered from work-related stress, depression, or anxiety.
- According to Champion Health, only 9% of employees are currently seeking mental health support.
Statistics like these illustrate that mental health support is still very much needed. Therefore, businesses need to continue to show sympathy and understanding, and offer support to their staff. This is where our mental health resource pack - filled with a range of practical tips and recommendations - comes in handy and is a great place to start.
- access to two of our online training courses, Mental Health Awareness and Supporting Your Staff Through Mental Health
- a selection of videos covering topics from growth mindset to stepping out of your comfort zone
- a resource sheet listing helpful articles, guides, and book recommendations