London (UK), December 2018 - Totara Learning has just released Totara Learn 12, the latest version of its enterprise learning management system (LMS). Totara Learn uses open source technology providing organisations with full flexibility, scalability, and control over the learning experience.
Totara Learn 12 includes a host of new features and functionality designed to provide rich, tailored experiences for the learner, whatever the training context may be: onboarding, compliance, or for the extended enterprise. Totara benefits learning and development professionals by enabling them to easily create tailored, engaging learning experiences. Many of the new features add further power and ease of use, with an enormous range of appearance options.
Totara products are open source and modular, and can be readily extended with open (or public) APIs. Everything has been designed to offer the customer full freedom over creating the learner environment.
- faster and easier to find relevant courses, with a visual course catalogue
- more space for content, with a streamlined top navigation bar
- more engaging visual options to help attract learners, including full-width banner and footer blocks, as well as custom image featured links
- clearer communication, with a refined front page that improves the display of course lists, course search, and announcements
- more control over seminarmanagement options for managers and seminar leaders
- more efficient administration with a brand-new Site Administration menu
André Yamin, Director of Product Management at Totara Learning said, "We have made it even easier to harness the power and flexibility of Totara Learn, and we’re excited to see how our partners and customers around the world will make use of the new features."
Lars Hyland, Chief Learning Officer at Totara Learning added, "Going forward, flexibility, agility, and differentiation are the key drivers of success. This requires organisations to have the freedom to ensure the learner experience is continually aligned to their organisational goals as they change. Totara open technology is perfectly suited to meet these objectives."
Totara Learn 12 also includes a Content Marketplace feature to allow third-party learning content to be easily imported into new or existing courses. The release of Totara Learn 12 follows Totara Learn 11 in February 2018, which added GDPR support for organisations operating within the EU.
- YouTube https://youtu.be/YxJrSgh8NWQ