Ilkley (UK), August 2019 - Virtual College are launching a new thought-leader series called "Shaping the Future of L&D". In this series, they have partnered with fourteen learning and development experts to address how L&D is changing as technology rises.
This changing L&D landscape is something that affects many organisations. Told through various videos, the series shares thoughts and opinions, as well as tips and advice, that will be beneficial to any organisation that has a learning and development department and is trying to prepare for this changing landscape.
The series kicks off with "The Changing of Job Roles within L&D", in which they will be sharing experts’ views on topics such as preparing for new L&D roles that don’t exist yet; the holistic role of learning professionals; and upskilling into multi-skilled hybrid roles.
The experts who feature in this topic are
- Joan Keevill – Director at Designs on Learning and Chairperson at the eLearning network
- Spencer Holmes – Director at Totem Learning
- Nick Bate – Co-founder of Blue Eskimo
- Dan Nolan – Learning Technology Consultant at Virtual College
The topics in the series are:
- The Digital Transformation of L&D
- The Responsibility of Measuring the Business Impact of Learning
- The Rise of Automation
- Re-launching the L&D team
"We know organisations are struggling to adapt to this rapidly changing learning and development industry," says Simon Falconer, Chief Marketing Officer at Virtual College, "so we wanted to create a meaningful channel on which we can share valuable insights and approaches from leading experts. We hope it will be thought provoking and provide some answers, and are excited to see the response."