London (UK), April 2017 – Ten leading London-based education-technology organisations are joining forces to launch the first London EdTech Week, 19-23 June 2017. The organisations are EdtechXGlobal; British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA); EdTech Exchange; Google for Education; The EdTech Podcast; Emerge Education; Nesta; TES Global; University College London (UCL) Institute of Education; and UK Education Weekly.
London EdTech Week will showcase the latest developments in education technology, and all EdTech participants are invited to engage through a series of connected and collaborative events, including conferences, meet-ups, cocktail events, product demonstrations, awards, and launch parties. The week of events is being run to coincide with the fifth annual EdTechX Europe conference, 20-21 June.
Co-Founder of London EdTech Week and EdtechXGlobal, Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet said, "Innovation in education requires collaborative and community-led approaches, and that’s why we are thrilled to connect, together with our ten co-chairs, the entire EdTech ecosystem through a collaborative and community-led week-long event series."
He added, "We expect more than 6,000 people across twenty events in London who are ready to engage in discussions with the finest minds and most disruptive innovators of the global EdTech scene."
The ten co-chairs have already announced the events (see list below) that will form the backbone of London EdTech Week and are expecting fifteen additional community events to be announced.
- 19 June - Hosted by The Edtech Podcast and Nesta - 'Live Podcast: Is Edtech a Thing (Yet)?' at Nesta, 18.00-19.00; audience: investors, government, education leaders, business managers (K-12, he, fe), startups, scale-ups
- 20 June – Hosted by Google for Education – "Fuel the Future", Barclay Primary School in Leyton, 10.00–14.00; audience: K-12 school leaders, IT leaders, and educators
- 20 June - Hosted by EdTechXGlobal – "London EdTech Field Trips: Connect with the Best" - Six venues across London, 10.00–17.00; audience: innovators, investors, corporates, and education institutions
- 20 June - Hosted by UCL Institute of Education – "AI and the democratisation of Education" – IOE Logan Hall, 14.00–17.00; audience: innovators, investors, corporates, and education institutions
- 20 June - Hosted by BESA – "Measuring EdTech Effectiveness" in Grand Committee Room in the House of Commons, Westminster, 19:30 – 21.00; audience: innovators, industry, policy, educators
- 20 June – Hosted by Emerge Education – "Red Dragon’s Den Pitching Event" at EdSpace – 14.00–17.00; audience: innovators, investors, angel investors
- 20 June – Hosted by EdTechXGlobal & HealthTechXEurope – "EdTech Meets HealthTech Networking Drinks" at the close of our inaugural HealthTechXEurope summit at 30 Euston Square, 17.30 – 19.30. audience: innovators, investors, thought leaders
- 21 June – Hosted by EdTechXGlobal – "EdTechXEurope Thought Leadership Summit" at Kings Place, 07.00 – 19.00; audience: innovators, start-ups, investors, corporate leaders, educators, non-profit organisations, governments, influencers
- 21 June – Hosted by EdTech Exchange & EdTechXGlobal – "VIP London EdTech Week Party" at Kings Place Rotunda bar and restaurant, 19.00 – late. audience: innovators, investors, corporate leaders, educators, non-profits, governments, influencers
- 22 June – Hosted by Google for Education – Multi Academy Trust Leadership Symposium at Google UK, 6 Pancras Square, London, 10.00-15.00; audience: multi academy trust leaders
- 22 June – Hosted by Emerge Education – "EdTech Milkround and Networking Event" at Edspace, 18.00 – 22.00; audience: innovators, start-ups
- 23 June – Hosted by TES Global – "TES Annual Teacher Awards" at Grovesnor Hotel, 17.30 – 23.00; audience: k-12, higher-education educators and administrators